Thursday, December 4, 2008

SPLAT!

I have been picking up extra shifts at the Sheriff's Office to help supplement Christmas. I enjoy the people there still and it is nice as I can do some homework if needed.

Well today as I came in to work, I parked as usual, got out of my car as usual, and started walking in to the building as usual. Somehow, I tripped over the curb coming in and before I knew it I was on my knees on the pavement. At first I was concerned that someone had seen me bite the dust but after a quick look around I knew I was safe. It wasn't until I got up that I realized how hurt I was. I could barely walk. Going down the 2 flights of stairs to the basement of the building, I talked myself in to not crying. Many of you know that I am a bawl baby (somehow crying makes it hurt less).

I told the ladies what happened and sat down to log in to the computers. After sitting for a few minutes I realized just how sore I was. I called my supervisor and told her of the mishap, I then got to go to the patrol sergeants office for an accident report and then off to the medical clinic to be checked out.

Diagnosis: strained rotator cuff, sprained ankle, contusion on my big toe and a scraped knee. The biggest injury was to my pride which the ibuprofen, ice and rest won't fix. I was able to go back to work and finish my shift with just a few friendly comments about my fall and a new nickname of Crash.

3 comments:

Owner said...

I cry whenever I injure myself in any way too, I would have bawled! I hope you feel better soon! Ibuprofen is working the pain out of my arms, but I blame myself for working out with Camille for that. :)

Kirst said...

Bella, are you okay. I never realized how clumsy you are. I am sorry that had to happen. It does make me kind of chuckle.

Lisa said...

Do you have friends or family in Boise? P.S. I am almost done with New Moon. I have the Twilight soundtrack!

Followers