Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

It was another great Independence Day. Every year we go to Ross Park swimming pool at noon and have a picnic with the Christensen's. It is always fun, the cousins have a blast swimming and playing. Hallie still hates the water so she hung around the picnic table. Her cousin Aria is just a year older and Hallie just wanted to hold her hand. She got a little bossy pulling and grabbing at her.


Here the boys are playing with their float noodles/light sabers.

After swimming Dad and Donita treated us all to a movie Wall-E. It looked like a good movie and I was told it was a good movie but unfortunately I was out walking the hall with Hallie who is not at a sit still stage in her life. As much as I would have like to see the show, I actually had a lot of fun with her in the hall. She was in a playful mood and kept hiding from me in the different theatre doorways and would laugh so hard when I found her.

Later that night we (including Heather and Tena) went out on the Marine Patrol boat and had dinner with Drew and Jessica Lusk. Drew is on Marine Patrol with Shawn. Jessica had bought chicken and graciously invited us to eat. We were the only boat out on the Grove because they had kicked everyone else off in anticipation of the fireworks.


We then went back to our vehicle and watched the display next to Heidi Graham, her kids, and her parents. Unfortunately, I couldn't find my camera so no pictures of the kids. Blackfoot has a nice display, it is not huge but decent and it is so nice not to get stuck in traffic.

After the show, we went to Tena's for our own little show. I stopped in Fort Hall and got a "family pack" on the way home from Pocatello. It was a little scary. Our friends, the Graham's, came over too. Marcus and Shawn lit one that went flying in to the neighbors yard (across the street) first nearly decapitating the group in lawn chairs and then it exploded in the middle of their yard. Oops.

I love the 4th, it is probably my favorite holiday right behind Christmas. I'm so happy that I got to spend the entire day with my family.

0 comments:

Followers