Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Why did Jesus create wasp's?"

"M-O-M-M-Y" and he meant business. There it was, the scream that makes every mother's heart stop momentarily. The scream that is more than I'm mad or I need your help. Hayden came running in to the house, unable to speak, face red and tears pouring from his eyes. I grabbed him and asked him what happened. He had been playing out back so it could have been anything. He finally whispered, I think a bee stung me. Sure enough, he had a wasp bite on his left ear. For those of you that have not recently been stung, it hurts like a bugger with every heart beat. While he had his momentary freak out, I got some ice (because ice makes everything better at my house) and just held him. Once back under control, he asks me "Why did Jesus create stupid wasps?" I didn't have an answer for him at that moment. I hate it when that happens- cross pollination, maybe I could have taught the concept of opposition- if you never knew the bad you wouldn't understand the good? A perfectly good teaching moment lost. Well, Hayden was much better after he was able to call his cousin, Carter, and tell him the gory details.
Here's the swollen ear:

Hayden survived and I could barely get him to sit still for a recovery picture:

1 comments:

Kirst said...

Oh that is so sad, but cute at the same time. I am glad he survived.

Followers