Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rooster kisses

So Hadley comes running in to the house today to tell us that there is a turkey in our front yard. Shawn and I go out to see what she is talking about and this is what we see (sorry its a little blurry, not until later did I notice my lens had a smudge on it):

Apparently our neighbors across the street recently got a pet chicken. Hadley was enthralled. She wanted to try and catch the poor thing- she said she wanted to eat it. Here she is chasing the fowl little guy (ha, ha):

Here is a little video of her in action:

And the grand finale:

Long story short it pecked at little Hadley, scared her and made her cry. She was quite upset at us for letting it happen. That's me you hear cackling in the background. I really shouldn't have laughed at the situation but I couldn't help it. Afterward, she was embarrassed and didn't want anyone to know about her "rooster bite". I tried to convince her that it was trying to kiss her but she is smarter than that. She also would not let me take a picture of the injury (it was a pink mark that went away almost immediately).

When we got home later that day the rooster was still loose. Hadley followed it home and made friends with it. As for rooster kisses, she said she'd rather just kiss her mommy and I promised that I wouldn't bite her.

3 comments:

Mary Lynn Evans said...

That is pretty hilarious! Hadley is so fun!

BS and the Kids said...

I love that you found me!! I hope things are going well, I will be able to keep tabs on you now to find out for myself...your family is so cute.

Kirst said...

Well you should have shot it. That is the neighbors across from my dad think you should do when pets come on to their property. You would have had a defense too, the damn bird pecked your child. LOL

Followers