Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to school (after a LONG break)

Well it's official- I'm a student again. I've made it through my first week of school. All I can say is that I hope my 30 year old brain is capable of retaining all of the information that it is expected to. My friend Heidi went back to school a few years ago and she said it took her about 3 weeks for her brain to get back in to school mode. Well I'm holding her to that- one down, two to go. I really like being back in school. I'm excited to learn again and to start a new chapter in this thing called life. My first class is at 7:30 in Idaho falls so I have to leave the same time that Shawn does to be to work 10 minutes early. As we were leaving on Tuesday 8/19 (my first day) Shawn got the camera and took my first day of school pictures just like we did Hayden last year. It was funny. I am so lucky that he supports me in this decision and I couldn't do it without him. Heather is watching my kids while I am at school. She gets off work at 3 a.m. and sleeps on my couch so she can get up with my kids. I am so thankful that I have such a great support system.
My friends and family are the best!!

6 comments:

Jolie said...

Congratulations Hilary! I am really excited for you. I too tried to go back to school, (just one class) but it was so hard to make my self study again. what are you going back to study? Good luck!!!

Kirst said...

Well you look so cute. I am proud of you. How is the homework load? I am sure you have a bunch.

Rogers Family said...

Great job on going back to school! Cute school picture! My Libby started K4 today-we are homeschooling her and she was SO excited. We took a picture too. It's great to be in touch with you again!

Graham Crackerz said...

you get to wear capri's!!! yet another reason i am so glad to be graduating!

love ya and good luck! you'll do great!!

Heidi

Owner said...

go hilary!!! i'm so jealous, i'd love to go back to school. well... maybe. :D you look great in a backpack!

Blog Stalker said...

Continuing education, no matter what form it takes is great for our progression i this life.

Good luck

Followers