Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My baby is in the 1st grade!!

Hayden started school today. He is in the 1st grade and it just kills me. Shawn woke him up this morning before he left for work. Here is the conversation that I eavesdropped on while they were getting ready in the bathroom:


"I have a really nervous feeling in my stomach."

"Get used to that feeling, you'll have it a lot in your life- every year before the first day of school, when you start a job. Remember to listen to your teacher and do what she says. Be nice and watch your mouth, other kids might say bad words but that doesn't mean you say them"

"I know, I won't"


I'm so glad that Shawn remembers to give him those little reminders. He is such a good father. Hayden decided what he wanted to wear, he got dressed, we took pictures and he was off. He wouldn't let me walk him all the way to the bus or take picture of him getting on the bus because he's "not a baby this year".

He wrote his teacher, Mrs. Price a little letter last night that he made sure to take today with an apple. He is funny. I can't believe that he will be gone all day. I should be happier about that but I'm not. He is a good boy and I know he will do well in school. I'm so lucky that the Lord trusted me with that little spirirt, he is better now at 6 than I could ever hope to be in 100 years.





"I'm in grade #1"


Walking

to the

bus

4 comments:

Graham Crackerz said...

I can't believe our boys are in the 1st Grade either. Hayden looks so big and grown up in these pics. It won't be long before we are grounding them for being out after curfew together. I'm so glad they are best friends. Jay couldn't have picked a better one.

Owner said...

i started tearing up reading your post! some good words of advice from shawn, my guess is cj would say something about making sure you don't pick your nose.

Kirst said...

I love that boy. He is so cute. You are so lucky to have a good boy.

Michelle said...

Oh my heck that is the cutest conversation ever, that is so precious. Way to go Shawn, what a good dad.

Followers