Sunday, January 31, 2010

Just another week, kind of...

While I should have tons of pictures of our newborn, I don't. I only have a story of traumatic week for this child. Monday was his first doctor's appointment, he looks great according to the doctor and I am in full agreement. While there, we had our little guy circumcised. Shawn and I both watched. I know that the choice to do this is purely cosmetic but we have chosen to do it anyway. After the procedure, while waiting for the doctor to come back in we checked his diaper and off fell his umbilical cord. What a joyous occasion other than the fact that now because of the circ, we have to wait for that to heal. So on with the sponge baths- which he hates.

It is Sunday and Hunter has caught the goomba that is going around our house. It started with Hallie being sick, Hayden next, and then Hadley. On Thursday I started feeling a little sick and now both Hunter and I are all stuffed up. This is an issue during nursing as he breathes through his nose. It was not a fun night last night. I was up every 45 minutes but it was even worse for my little angel who couldn't breathe. Shawn is back to work and is on graves so when he got home at 7:00 a.m. I went to the store to get some saline drops to help the poor little guy out. I think that my little irrigation job helped some because at least he is not snoring now.

Hayden and Hadley had a basketball game yesterday. It is sure fun to watch them play. Hadley is not actually on the team but because Shawn is the coach he puts her in every now and then. She is in kindergarten and is as tall if not taller than most of the 1st and 2nd graders on the team. Being the amazing mother that I am, I forgot my camera. I only got one picture of Hadley out on the floor with my craptastic phone camera. Here it is (that's Hadley in the red shorts):

School is still going strong. I'm plugging away. I got to watch a lap-band surgery this past week. It was very interesting and I now have a different view on caring for a patient who just had a laporascopic surgery.

Hallie is starting to have some attention issues. She has not acted out at all towards Hunter. The rest of us are free game though. She started pinching for no reason at all. She'll walk right up to you, smile, and pinch you as hard as she can. We are trying to convince her that negative attention is not the kind of attention that she should want. At night she wants my attention even when its time to nurse. She will sit outside Hunter's room and cry for me. This can be difficult when Shawn's at work because I have no one to help detour her attention and Hunter doesn't exactly fall fast asleep when his sister is sobbing outside his room.

Well, I can't decide if I whined too much in this post or not. Sorry if that's the general theme that came across. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with life and am so thankful for my friends and family who have been helping me out. Until next time.....

8 comments:

Colin & Lori said...

Oh Hilery, I can't believe you are able to do all you do! I am freaked out just thinking about #4 and here you are going to school, doing the evenings (which in my opinion are very hard), on your own and doing more than just that. I think you deserve a good whine. Don't be too hard on yourself! Sorry to hear you and Hunter are not feeling well! Hang in there! This too shall pass.

Mary Lynn Evans said...

Diddo! I didn't think it seemed whiney at all. I admire all that you can do and do -- do! Again, please if you need anything give me a call!! We would love your kids over to play. We can't wait to get to play ball against you on the 20th.

Lisa said...

I can't even understand how full your plate is, new baby, nursing school (that part I do understand), 3 other children, and being sick. That is a very hard combination. I wish you the best. Keep praying, and you will get through it all! Don't be afraid to ask for help! :) You can do it!

Jason and Dana said...

Hilary, you are a rock star!!! Wow...everything you're doing is amazing. Hunter is so sweet. What a good looking baby!

Heather said...

Listen here whiner!! Kidding. I am exhausted just thinking about all you go through. You amaze me more and more every day. Thanks for letting me love on your babies!! And don't forget to call me for help when you need it. I can always come to sleep on the couch.

David and Debby said...

i'll just add my little two bits that i think you are an awesome, devoted mother and i am just honored to be called your aunt. it is so hard when the babies are so little, but remember, it is just a stage. hopefully the next stage will be easier. maybe not, but hopefully. anyway, hang in there. you are doing a great job. xoxoxoxoxo

Kirst said...

I love the update. It gives me a good idea of what is going on in your life. It sounds pretty hectic. I am sorry everyone was so sick. You are an awesome mom! Keep up the good work:)

PONCIANO said...

You are such a good mom and I love your family!!!! Babies shouldn't get sick:( I started a blog and I love it!

Followers