Sunday, June 1, 2008

Shayla Graduated

I am so old. Shayla, my oldest niece, graduated from Meridian High on 5/31/08. It is absolutely ridiculous. Heather, Mom, Grandma Verda, Brooke and her family and the kids and I all went down on Friday. Brooke & Chet drove in there car. Heather, Mom and Grandma were in Heather's car, and I drove mom's van with Hailey, Andrew, Carley, Hayden, Hadley and Hallie. I know that sounds bad but I had the DVD player and head phones for each of the kids. Meanwhile Heather had Mom and Grandma telling her how to drive and counting the seconds between her and other vehicles the whole trip.

The kids had a blast playing and swimming. The actual graduation was Saturday and then we went out to dinner with Shayla afterwards. Dad & Donita came up on Saturday for the graduation and dinner. It was a nice little trip but it was a real emotional experience. My oldest child is the same age as Shayla was when I graduated. That hurts!
My pictures are still on my camera so I will update those when I can.......

0 comments:

Followers